- misbehave (for people); not work properly (for machines). "I was planning on a quiet night but I was wrong. The dogs acted up all evening."
-- behave in a way that's like _____ ."What's happenning with that guy? He's acting like a maniac."
-- logically fit together."His statements don't add up. He keeps giving contraticting ideas."
-- find the total. "Waiter, can you add up our bills into one please?"
-- ask for a date. "I want to date her really bad. I asked her out last night."
-- not follow a threat. "Tom was going to call the police when I told him I'd wrecked his car, but he backed down when I said I'd pay for the damages."
-- not follow a threat."Tom was ready to call the police when I told him I'd wrecked his car, but he backed off when I said I'd pay for the damages."
-- move backward; move in reverse. "You missed the lines in the parking space. You'll have to back up and try again."
-- drive a vehicle backwards (in reverse). "You're too close! Back your car up so I can open the garage door."
-- confirm a story, facts, or information. "If you don't believe me, talk to Dave. He'll back me up."
-- make a "protection" copy to use if there are problems with the original. "When my computer crashed, I lost many of my files. It's a good thing I backed them up."
-- decline an invitation; ask to be excused from doing something. "At first Lily said she would be at the party. Later she begged off."
-- inflate. "We needs lots of balloons for the party. Will you blow them up?"
-- explode; destroy by exploding. A-- "That old building really came down quickly! That's because the construction company used dynamite to blow it up."
-- suddenly become very angry. "Whe I told Jerry that I'd had an accident with his car, he blew up."
- Tüm İngilizce Konu Anlatımları
- İngilizce Öğretmenliği Alan Bilgisi Sınav Örneği
- To be Konu Anlatımı
- A, an, the Konu Anlatımı
- İngilizcede En Çok Kullanılan 7037 Kelime
- İngilizce Şahıs Zamirlerinin Kullanılması
- Personal Pronouns, Demonstrative Pronouns - Zamirler
- Şahıs Zamirleri - Subject Pronouns
- İngilizce Soru Sözcüklü Cümleler
- İngilizce Sıfat Cümleleri